Saturday, September 8, 2007

A condition that depends on IF....

A few days ago i was invited to a friend's birthday party....well it was not really a party but a prayer fellowship. There a lady sang a beautiful song and then with her eyes closed she said "there is always a condition after the word IF"
yes, ofcourse it sounded bizare to me untill she explaind what God was telling her.

"IF I speak in the tongues of men and of angles, but have not LOVE I am NOTHING" 1Cor 13:1

"IF you love me, you will obey waht I command." John 14:15

"IF you hold to my teachings, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the TRUTH, and the TRUTH will set you free." John 8:32

I could add more verses as the whole Bible is full of IF's

She then explained....only IF we believe in God, then we will be part of His kingdom. If we hold on to Him, He will never let us go....

wow!! I never thought of IF in such a positive way....I always took it as if i dont do something then the whole world will fall down on me....but then this condition also holds a comitment. I obviously have to be commited....committed to God, to His people and everyone who needs Him....IF i am not commited then I gain nothing...but eternal suffering....I find this really amazing...The world revolves around IF.....soo cool naa....lol

The love of God depends on 'IF' we live for Him and walk on His footsteps....

I am highly amazed.....It a commandment with a huge promise behind it....WOW!!!!

No comments: